Monday, April 27, 2020

Sourdough Journal 4/27/2020

Monday, April 27 - abt Midnight

No, Blogger didn't eat my Sunday entry - I didn't make one.

I also didn't tend my starter.  Bad me.

Went for a motorcycle ride Saturday morning, came home, puttered around the house a little, then laid down for a nap.  Mistake.  Woke up early Sunday morning intending to feed Baby, then fell back to sleep.  One of the downsides for me of working a non-standard shift is my sleep schedule is all out of whack and weekends doubly so.

I tended to Baby a little while ago.  The texture was smoother - not bubbly - and there was a beer note to the smell.  4 oz water, 4 oz flour, 2 oz starter, clean jar, discarded the rest.

Probably going to attempt another discards bake in a couple of days after I make sure she's still active, and going to try not to make the same mistakes as the first bake.

No comments: