Saturday, April 18, 2020

Sourdough Journal 4/18/2020

Saturday 4/18 - abt 12:30 AM

Early feeding again.  Well, Baby IS getting older, so maybe she doesn't need the 3 AM care she did when she was newly born.

Anyway...

I could finally smell yeast or bread notes in the jar.  The texture was bubbly - lots of small bubbles on top - and thick but pourable.

Tonight I stirred it well, poured 2 ounces into a plastic bowl and discarded the rest.  I stirred in 4 ounces of water and 4 ounces of AP flour and put the mixture into a clean jar.  Covered and parked on the counter.

I've been working out of the same bag of Gold Medal AP flour during this process.  We haven't baked a lot recently so I don't know exactly how old this bag of flour is but starting the starter is using it up.  I'm going to pick up a new bag of flour this weekend and will use that when I start baking with the starter.

No comments: