Monday, April 20, 2020

Sourdough Journal 4/20/2020

Monday 4/20 - abt 1 AM

Regular feeding.  I think Baby is ready to bake with but that takes a bit of planning ahead.

Active and bubbly.  Doubled in volume during the day according to the high water mark on the jar.  Good yeasty nose.

Stirred, poured off 2 ounces, discarded the rest.  Mixed in 4 ounces of water and AP flour and scraped into a clean jar.  Swapping jars makes tending a little easier, I think, and with everyone home all day we seem to running the dishwasher often enough to keep the jar rotation up.

Might get one more feeding out of the old bag of Gold Medal, then I'm switching to King Arthur unbleached AP.  I wanted to pick up a larger quantity but the shelves were a bit thin at the store Saturday and I didn't want to look like I was hoarding so I only picked up one 5 lb bag. 

No comments: