Monday, August 27, 2012

Mud Wrestling With A Pig

I was all set to comment on a posting from a Facebook friend. Had a nice long rebuttal to some questionable statements on the post, just about ready to hit "Enter" and commit it to the Internet forever and decided to delete the whole thing.

A couple of famous quotes crossed my mind. 

One is attributed to Mark Twain:

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."


The other is attributed to George Carlin:

"Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

It's not likely that anything I post is going to change this person's mind, and I have no desire to get into an electronic pissing match over the topic.

Suffice it to say if he's right, life will go on merrily and I will gladly say I was wrong.

Unfortunately, if I'm right, we're screwed, and I seriously doubt he will even realize, let alone admit, he was wrong.

Happy Monday!

No comments: